

Australian radio network, Australian Radio Network (ARN), is denying that its deal to sign two big names of Australian entertainment is a quick and easy way to plug the hole in its earnings caused by the on-air bust-up and subsequent dropping of the controversial breakfast show hosted by Kyle Sandilands and “Jackie O” Henderson.
A source within ARN told me that the network rejected suggestions that the new weekly Friday drive show to be helmed by Nine Entertainment veterans Eddie McGuire and Karl Stefanovic (main picture) would replicate the type of lewd content that made Kyle and Jackie O household names – in a certain segment of Sydney households at least.
ARN operates a range of FM and AM stations in capital cities and regional centres under the KIIS, iHeart, and Gold brands, plus other digital and streaming services.
My source told me that the new three-hour Karl and Eddie Joe Show on Friday afternoons (Joseph is McGuire’s middle name) was planned to be the flagship of the Gold network which would undergo a name change to highlight the new drive time program.
“Nothing should be read into the decision to drop the Gold name and rebrand the network as Smut,” my source said.
“The new Karl and Eddie Joe Show will be a totally fresh approach to radio, but certainly the two stars are known for sometimes sailing close to the wind in terms of their on-air and off-air behaviour, and that will naturally be reflected in their new show.
“They plan to set themselves apart from others by having segments such as a guessing game where audio clips of male and female staff members urinating are played and then Karl and Eddie Joe have to guess which audio belongs to which staff member.
“They’ll also be discussing fairly innocuous subjects such as listeners’ favourite or unusual sexual positions, as well as masturbation and listeners’ preferred pornography websites.”
When I asked if the new show was aimed solely at redneck bogans or if ARN was concerned that the new show may well draw the attention of ACMA (the regulating body, the Australian Communications and Media Authority) my source replied: “Who?”
I then reminded my source that ACMA had previously declared some content on the now defunct Kyle and Jacki O Show to be “vulgar, sexually explicit and deeply offensive”.
My source replied: “Fantastic! We’ll get Karl and Eddie to get Acma on their show. Acma? That’s a Muslim name isn’t it. Plenty of scope there for the two boys!”

Want to be alerted immediately a new blog hits Australia’s longest running and most offensive satire site? Simply click on the Follow sign or the link below to be emailed new yarns the moment they are uploaded! The very second we go far too far – and trust us we will – you can then quickly unfollow via the three dots!
Follow The Bug Online on WordPress.com

